All schools in Clackmannanshire provide a lunchtime meal for their pupils. In certain circumstances these can be provided free of charge.
Do you qualify?
If you are in receipt of Child Benefit and one of the following benefits you may be able to claim free school meals for your child:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Maximum Working Tax Credit and Maximum Child Tax Credit with an income below £6,420
- Child Tax Credit where NO Working Tax Credit is payable and income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by Inland Revenue)
- An asylum seeker in receipt of support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You may also be eligible if you are in receipt of Universal Credit
Pupils are eligible in their own right to apply for free school meals if they are aged 16-18 and in receipt of one of the benefits noted above.
Application form and further information
An application form is available here, or from local CAP offices and reception staff in Kilncraigs.
You can also view or download a Clothing Grant/Free School Meals application form from Clacksweb.