As we approach the end of another very busy session, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the support you have given both to your child and the school. It has been a great end to the session with so many inspirational events showcasing the achievements of our young people.
The summer term ends and school closes at 12.30 p.m on Friday 30th June. School buses will arrive at this time. Canteen facilities will be available at interval and packed lunches can be purchased at that time for any pupils who wish them.
Finally I would like to remind parents and carers that school reopens for pupils on Tuesday 22nd August at 8.35 a.m. for a prompt start to period 1 at 8.40 a.m. Meanwhile have a wonderful summer.
As we are coming to the end of our school year and you are no doubt planning to buy next year’s school uniform I thought it would be timely to remind you of our expectations regarding school uniform and the important benefits of it.
Benefits to the wearing of SCHOOL UNIFORM
Alva Academy pupils stand out in their local community because of the pride they show in how they wear their school uniform. I believe that this is in part because our pupils worked with staff to agree the school dress code and in part because our parents/ carers support us well.
Of course there are important other benefits other than improving the image of the school. These include:-
· Security is better – it is easy to spot someone who should not be in the school grounds and buildings.
· Our pupils can feel a strong sense of belonging and commitment to the school
· It helps create a sense of purpose within the school environment
· It helps prepare our pupils for later life as in most work places there are dress codes
· It can be less expensive for parents and carers too.
· It can improve classroom safety in some subjects e.g. technology, science, PE
· The differences between pupils are reduced, which in turn can reduce some causes of isolation and bullying.
As we end this session, I will look forward to your continuing support in this matter and would be grateful if all parents would review the uniform leaflet, which should help you when buying school wear over the summer.
scotcrest-uniform-brochure (to view, please click on this once, and click on it again once the page updates)