School uniform is an essential part of the school’s positive ethos and gives pupils a sense of pride and belonging to the school. There are many recognised benefits to having a consistent school uniform. These include:
- Work Ready – Our young people need to be ready for life beyond school and be aware that their working life will have a dress code.
- Security – It is easy to spot someone who does not belong to the school community.
- Affordability – Eases pressure on young people not to have to wear brand names.
Perception – Uniforms enhance the image and reputation of the school in the local community
We are determined that our young people will maintain a high standard of uniform next year and we rely very much on the support of you as parents and carers. The list below highlights the uniform expectations we have;
- White shirt/blouse
- School tie
- Black jumper/cardigan (no hooded tops)
- Black skirt/full length dress trousers (no leggings, jeans or tracksuit bottoms)
- All black shoes/trainers (no trainers with coloured laces/soles/toes etc)